The Big Olney Bake Off is an essential part of The Big Olney Food Festival. After it’s success last year, which raised money for Toby’s Trust and Ian Roberts Proposed Music School, it seems as if everyone in Olney and the surrounding areas just love to bake. We are therefore delighted to be able to announce that once again we will be sponsoring and supporting the Big Olney Bake Off (BOBO).
Held on Saturday 9th September, the BOBO, is great fun for people from the town and visitors alike, so we urge you to take part and help us to raise money for Toby’s Trust. To enter you just turn up on the day with your cake. The competition is open to all non-professional bakers and children up to the age of 16.
The categories are as follows:
- Kids up to the age of 12 to produce 6 cupcakes of any style
- Kids aged between 12 and 16 to produce 6 cupcakes of any style
- Best cake, this can be any type of cake fruit, chocolate, carrot etc
- Best sponge, whether it be Victoria, Madeira etc
There will be prizes for the best in each category and also a runner up prize in each category.
We are busy putting an expert panel of judges together to taste your creations on the day!
We hope that the Big Olney Bake Off will see the same high number of entrants as last year. At the end of the competition we will be selling the cakes by the slice and every penny raised will go to Toby’s Trust.
Competition Timings and Rules
- Bring your baked goods to the main marquee, and find the Bake Off stall no earlier than 3.00pm on the day of BOFF Saturday 9th September
- The judging will take place between 4 – 5pm with winners announced and prizes given out on the day, so please stay around.
- The baker should not be a professional (i.e. if you sell a cake, that makes you a professional)
- Please ensure your name and phone number (and age for children) is clearly identified when you hand your cake in
- All cakes will be sold once the winners have been announced – all money raised is going towards Toby’s Trust.
- By entering the competition you are giving your consent for your cake(s) to be photographed and used for future promotional material and for the cakes to be sold with all proceeds going to the chosen charity